Paul Ainsworth Lord from Ainsworth Lord Estates in Darwen talks about “Improvements You Can Take With You”
We all know that home improvements often increase the value or sale-ability of your home, but whilst most improvements enhance a property, they generally stay with it when it is sold.
However, there are improvements you can make that will not only maximize your home’s potential, but which you can also take with you when you move. Here are some suggestions:
- Use rugs as a flexible way of improving a floor without going to the expense of permanently fitted carpets.
- How about using freestanding new or antique wardrobes and cupboards that you can take with you when you move, rather than installing fitted cupboards? Freestanding kitchen units can also look fantastic.
- How about a concertina screen instead of curtains? Alternatively, a window with a miserable view can become a dramatic feature if you hang a stained glass design in front of it.
- In the garden, stone garden furniture and small water features can give a sense of permanence, but can be easily removed, as can solar-powered outdoor lights.
- If you work from home or need a playroom, a high quality timber structure in the garden is an instant, low-cost, alternative to an extension and doesn’t usually require planning permission.
- Plants and shrubs in flower beds prefer to stay there, but planted in pots and troughs, not only can they go with you, they will also provide instant effect in your new home.
Remember you are offering buyers a home – not just a house, but do make sure that everyone is quite clear about what you intend to take with you when you move. Just avoid the phrase “that’s going!” Going with the house, or going with you?!
If you want to speak to someone from our office give us a call on 01254 760660 or visit Ainsworth Lord Estates