Paul Ainsworth Lord from Ainsworth Lord Estates and Letting Agents in Darwen, Blackburn and East Lancashire says “Green is Good for Landlords AND Tenants”
Although it might not be at the top of every landlord’s must have list an increasing number of property investors are coming round to the idea that going ‘green’ is good.
Aside from the obvious benefits to the environment being conscious of your property’s impact on the planet can also prove popular with prospective and existing tenants.
It’s something we at Ainsworth Lord Estates really believe in.
So with that in mind we’ve come up with six super sustainable tips which will benefit tenants, landlords and the World we live in. A real win win.
- Under floor heating is not just for new build properties and is very efficient in warming up areas of a home, especially the bathroom and kitchen.
- Double Glazing – Very important as it adds value to the property and saves energy being wasted through old windows.
- Insulate the loft – An obvious one but it’s amazing how many people don’t actually have it done meaning a big loss in savings year on year.
- Use energy saving light bulbs – more a tip for tenants than landlords but the savings can be considerable.
- Thick Curtains – They might not look as sleek as blinds but when it comes to reducing the amount of energy that escapes via windows quality curtains are a winner.
- When buying or renting a new house, check its Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), which will give you information on the house’s energy use and CO2 emissions. EPCs grade properties from A (most energy-efficient) to G (least energy-efficient) and give house-hunters the tool to make informed choices. The average score is currently D.
As mentioned above being mindful of our impact on the environment isn’t just the right thing to do it can also save you money whichever side of the rental fence you are currently on.
Thanks for reading and if you have any other property related questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us – we’d love to help you.
PS: If you want to let your property quickly, professionally and cost effectively:
Call Ainsworth Lord Estates and our team on 01254 760 660
Pop into our office at 49 Market Street, Darwen, Lancashire, BB3 1PS
For honest, expert and friendly advice.
Estates and Letting Agents in Darwen, Blackburn and East Lancashire.